My grandmother's party was fabulous, if I do say so - and the elderly love for Norah was positively frightening. She was a little freaked out in the beginning (possibly it was the combined scents of Shalimar, Chanel no. 5, and Aspercreme) but she warmed up and got used to being passed from shaky grip to shaky grip, and rather enjoyed herself. That big clip-on earring pulling thing, it never gets old.
But otherwise I don't have much to say - it's been a rather quiet week - so I will cave and do a meme that MB had on her site, because I've never done one and I want to see how hard it is...
3 things you wish for (just for you)
1. A Canon EOS 20D camera with eleventy accessories
2. Less ass (of the bodily variety, not the sex kind)
3. People to start using my name as a slang word, as in "Oh, my new sunglasses? They're Annielicious."
3 things you would do to/for yourself if there was no one to judge you (or if you had the guts to do it!)
2. Spend all my money on new clothes and a makeover
3. Hook up with Rob in one of the exam rooms at his work
3 bad habits you have
1. Biting my cuticles
2. Boredom eating
3. Leaving the laundry in the dryer for three days while it gets all wrinkly
3 insecurities you feel
1. Does this make my butt look big? (Sing it, Supa girl.)
2. Are we broke again?
3. Am I a good mother?
3 talents/skills you wish you had
1. Singing like Natasha Bedingfield or Joss Stone
2. Cooking like Paula Dean, my new best girlfriend
3. The ability to solve heinous crimes in under an hour a la Mariska Hargitay, the sexiest detective on the tube
3 things that you would do if you had more time
1. Learn to play the violin
2. Get my eyebrows waxed
3. Finish my master's thesis and get everyone off my back... DAD...
3 things that bring you peace/relaxation
1. sleep (oh my gosh yes)
2. Watching the baby sleep
3. Watching Rob sleep - okay, that actually just makes me giggle, because he sleeps with his mouth open and he looks absolutely harmless. Unless I'm trying to wake him up, which is when he becomes more like an angry bag of weasels.
3 things that spark your creativity
1. Photo albums
2. People having babies or getting married (time to make the presents!)
3. Other people's successful creative endeavors
That wasn't too bad - it was way more fun than blithering through a newsless post. I'll let you know if anything cool happens... or you could let me know, and I'll write about it. Whatev. :)
Posted in: on 3/14/2006 at at 9:41 PM